Village of Glens Falls Street Names
|Back to The Corners Home Page|
The card at the right is a description of the streets in the village of Glens Falls, so must originate some time between 1839 when Glens Falls became a village and 1908 when Glens Falls became a city.
From an article by D. F. O'Connell, it seems that the pumps referred to were installed at what is now Monument Square (intersection of Glen, South and Bay Streets) and at Bank Square (intersection of Glen, Warren and Ridge Streets and Hudson Avenue) in the 1840's.
SOURCE: Chapman Historical Museum, vertical files: 1) Historic Preservation, Streets, Name origins and 2) Local History, Glens Falls, Fire Department.
Back to The Corners Home Page
Back to Properties Index