The Chapman Museum presents the history of the Glens Falls – Queensbury community and its connection to the Adirondack region. By encouraging discovery, understanding, and appreciation of the region’s heritage, the Museum provides perspective for the present and the future.
Board of Trustees
Gloria Ragonetti (Chair), Rob Chapman (Vice Chair), Heather L. Ashline (Treasurer), Densay Sengsoulavong (Secretary), Kellie Abbott, Victoria Craft, Will Fowler, Sandra Horwitz, Gabrielle Katz, Martha Noordsy, Martin Seelye, Evan P. Sullivan PhD, Robert Terwilliger, Rhonda Triller, and Brian P. Warner.
The Chapman Museum is accessible for those with limited mobility. The ramp entrance is located from the parking lot at the rear of the building off Bacon Street.
In 1867, Glens Falls hardware merchant Zopher DeLong remodeled a modest wood frame home on Glen Street, building the two story brick structure with a mansard roof seen by visitors today. Following Zopher’s death in 1901, his son John took over the home and remodeled it to reflect his desire for modern tastes and conveniences.
Six decades later, Juliet Chapman, a relative by marriage, donated the house to the community to become a local history museum. The organization received a permanent charter from the New York State Board of Regents in 1968. In the years since the Chapman Museum has added an exhibition gallery, climate controlled collections storage, a research room, multi-purpose classroom, and a museum shop.
Our vision: The Chapman Museum will elevate the popularity of local history and inspire a greater sense of community among those who visit and live in Glens Falls and the Queensbury area through creative offerings provided in an inviting, user-friendly setting.