The Rialto Theatre had its beginnings in the former World in Motion Theatre when the Rialto Theatre Corporation leased from F. Pruyn. After renovations, the Rialto opened to much fanfare on November 11, 1918. It was billed as a “Temple of Motion Pictures” and the first film shown, “The Hun Within” was accompanied by an eleven-piece orchestra. Fred Mausert, principle of the Rialto Theatre Corp. and co-owner of the Park Theatre, relocated the impressive organ from the Park to the new theatre. In addition to silent films, it also offered live entertainment. Music hall productions, traveling shows, and vaudeville acts all graced the stage in its early years.