The Chapman Museum’s collections reflect the varied stories that make up the history of our community. A highlight of this exhibit of recent gifts is a “Cannon” model Joubert & White carriage given to the museum by David & Linda Patrick in 2017. Fully restored by the donors, the Glens Falls made vehicle has been in storage, but now is on display for the public to enjoy.
Exhibited with it are a wide variety of items added to the museum’s collection in the last decade. Included are a rare ca. 1874 hand-painted Glens Falls Insurance Company sign, an early 20th century pressed cardboard advertisement for blacksmith A.J. Rivers, a tile manufactured by the Glens Falls Brick and Terra Cotta Company, and a ceramic jug inscribed with the name G. B. McIntosh Groceries. Also included are drawings, menus from local restaurants and an oversized aerial photo of Glens Falls taken in the 1930s.